Model year 1976 Porsche introduced the 912E (internal factory designation 923) in North America, which shared the "G-Series" bodywork with the 911S.
The Prototyp Museum collection in Hamburg, Germany has a 912E pre-series vehicle, constructed using a 911 and 4-cylinder VW-Porsche 90HP 2.0L Type 4 similar to the late-model 2.0L 914/4. Once in production, the 912E was powered by an 86 bhp 2.0L Volkswagen air-cooled engine, refined with a Bosch L-Jetronic fuel injection system.
Buying a Porsche 912E?
The 912E occupied the entry-level position left vacant by the discontinuation of the 914, while the new 924 was being finalized and put into production. During the production run of May 1975-July 1976, Porsche manufactured nearly 2100 units of the 912E, targeted for the USA market.
E & R Classics, your Porsche Classic Car specialist!
What are the advantages of buying a Porsche 912E car at ER Classics?
- A great assortment of classic cars for sale
- All cars are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- MOT, welding and interior proceedings for your Porsche 912E car
- Our specialised oldtimer mechanics can take care of all proceedings
- We can take care of repairs, maintenance as well as customised needs
- Complete restauration of your Porsche 912E car
- We can deliver your classic car to any European country