The Porsche 356 was a lightweight rear-engine rear-wheel-drive two-door sports car available in hardtop coupe and convertible configurations. To distinguish among the major revisions of the model, Porsche 356's are generally classified into a few major groups; 356A, 356B and the 356C.
Late 1959 more significant styling and technical refinements gave rise to the 356B (a T5 body type). The mid-1962 356B model was changed to the T6 body type. A unique "Karmann Hardtop" or "Notchback" 356B model was produced in 1961 and 1962. The 1961 production run was essentially a convertible body with the optional steel cabriolet hardtop welded in place.
Buying a Porsche 356B?
The 356's four-cylinder pushrod engine was later re-introduced in the Porsche 912, offered between 1965 and 1969 in response to customer complaints that the new 911 was too expensive.
E & R Classics, your Porsche Classic Car specialist!
Go to stock
What are the advantages of buying a Porsche 356B car at ER Classics?
- A great assortment of classic cars for sale
- All cars are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- MOT, welding and interior proceedings for your Porsche 356B car
- Our specialised oldtimer mechanics can take care of all proceedings
- We can take care of repairs, maintenance as well as customised needs
- Complete restauration of your Porsche 356B car
- We can deliver your classic car to any European country