Porsche 911 Targa
Porsche started manufacturing Targa models in 1965. The first model was a Porsche 911 with a special roof construction; a removable roof section and a full width roll bar behind the seats. The term Targa (meaning "plate" in Italian) was first used on the 1966 Porsche 911 Targa and it remains a registered trademark of Porsche AG.
In 1969 Porsche developed and marketed a Porsche 914 with Targa roof in cooperation with Volkswagen. However, the 914 was only available with a Targa roof.
Buying a Porsche Targa?
As of 1976 Porsche also started manufacturing Porsche models 924, 944 and 968 equipped with a Targa roof.
E & R Classics, your Porsche Classic Car specialist!
What are the advantages of buying a Porsche 911 Targa car at ER Classics?
- A great assortment of classic cars for sale
- All cars are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- MOT, welding and interior proceedings for your Porsche 911 Targa car
- Our specialised oldtimer mechanics can take care of all proceedings
- We can take care of repairs, maintenance as well as customised needs
- Complete restauration of your Porsche 911 Targa car
- We can deliver your classic car to any European country