The Porsche 356 was a lightweight rear-engine rear-wheel-drive two-door sports car available in hardtop coupe and cabriolet configurations. To distinguish among the major revisions of the model, Porsche 356's are generally classified into a few major groups; 356A, 356B and the 356C.
The last revision of the 356 was the 356C, introduced in model year 1964. It featured disc brakes all round, as well as an option for the most powerful pushrod engine Porsche had ever produced, the 95 hp "SC". Porsche 356 production peaked at 14.151 cars in 1964, the year that its successor, the new 911, was introduced to the US market. The company continued to sell the 356C in North America through 1965.
Buying a Porsche 356C?
The 356's 4-cylinder pushrod engine was later re-introduced in the Porsche 912, offered between 1965-1969 in response to customer complaints that the new 911 was too expensive.
E & R Classics, your Porsche Classic Car specialist!
What are the advantages of buying a Porsche 356C car at ER Classics?
- A great assortment of classic cars for sale
- All cars are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- MOT, welding and interior proceedings for your Porsche 356C car
- Our specialised oldtimer mechanics can take care of all proceedings
- We can take care of repairs, maintenance as well as customised needs
- Complete restauration of your Porsche 356C car
- We can deliver your classic car to any European country