Ford Mustang Cabriolet
The Ford Mustang Convertible debuted with moderate trim changes including a new grille, side ornamentation, wheel covers and gas cap. A cruisematic three-speed auto transmission became available for the 225 hp V8. The 289 "hipo" K code engine was offered with an automatic c4 transmission, it had stronger internals and a hipo automatic transmission can be identified by the outer casing of the servo is marked with a C.
The long duration solid-lifter camshaft that allowed the high revving 289 to make the horsepower it was known for, was not friendly for a non stall speed automatic torque converter. With the valve covers off, there is a large letter "K" stamped between the valve springs, that along with screw in studs for the adjustable rocker arms. A large number of new paint and interior color options, an AM/eight-track sound system, and one of the first AM/FM mono automobile radios was also offered.
Buying a Ford Mustang Cabriolet?
It also removed the Falcon instrument cluster; the previously optional features, including the round gauges and padded sun visors, became standard equipment. The Mustang convertible would be the best-selling in 1966 with 72119 sold.
E & R Classics, your Ford Classic Car specialist!
What are the advantages of buying a Ford Mustang Cabriolet car at ER Classics?
- A great assortment of classic cars for sale
- All cars are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- MOT, welding and interior proceedings for your Ford Mustang Cabriolet car
- Our specialised oldtimer mechanics can take care of all proceedings
- We can take care of repairs, maintenance as well as customised needs
- Complete restauration of your Ford Mustang Cabriolet car
- We can deliver your classic car to any European country