Ford Mustang 1964
Since it was introduced five months before the normal start of the production year and manufactured among 1964 Ford Falcons and 1964 Mercury Comets, the earliest Mustangs are widely referred to as the 1964½ model.
A more accurate description is the "early 1965" model because it underwent significant changes at the beginning of the regular model year. All the early cars were marketed by Ford as 1965 models. The low-end model hardtop used a "U-code" 170 cu in (2.8 L) straight-6 engine with a three-speed manual transmission and retailed for US$2,368.
Buying a Ford Mustang 1964?
Standard equipment for the early 1965 Mustangs included black front seat belts, glove box light and padded dash board.
E & R Classics, your Ford Classic Car specialist!
What are the advantages of buying a Ford Mustang 1964 car at ER Classics?
- A great assortment of classic cars for sale
- All cars are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- MOT, welding and interior proceedings for your Ford Mustang 1964 car
- Our specialised oldtimer mechanics can take care of all proceedings
- We can take care of repairs, maintenance as well as customised needs
- Complete restauration of your Ford Mustang 1964 car
- We can deliver your classic car to any European country