Mercedes-Benz 450 SL
Production of the first R107 car started in April 1971 alongside the last of the W113 cars. USA models sold from 1976-1979 used the Bosch K Jetronic system; an entirely mechanical fuel injection system. All USA models used the 4.5 liter engine, and were called 450 SL/SLC.
In September 1977 the 450 SLC 5.0 joined the line. This was a special version of the big coupé featuring a new all-aluminum 5-liter V8, aluminum alloy doors, hood and trunk lid.
Buying a Mercedes-Benz 450SL?
Starting in 1980, USA cars were equipped with lambda control, which varied the air-fuel mixture based on feedback from an oxygen sensor. The 450SL and 450SLC models were discontinued in 1980 with the introduction of the 380 and 500SLC in March 1980.
E & R Classics, your Mercedes-Benz Classic Car specialist!
Go to stock
What are the advantages of buying a Mercedes-Benz 450SL car at ER Classics?
- A great assortment of classic cars for sale
- All cars are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- MOT, welding and interior proceedings for your Mercedes-Benz 450SL car
- Our specialised oldtimer mechanics can take care of all proceedings
- We can take care of repairs, maintenance as well as customised needs
- Complete restauration of your Mercedes-Benz 450SL car
- We can deliver your classic car to any European country