Austin Healey 3000 MK I
The original Austin Healey 3000 has a 2912cc I6 engine with twin SU carburetors and Girling front disc brakes. It was only referred to as the Mark I after the Mark II was released, previously only being known as the Austin Healey 3000. Wire wheels, overdrive gearbox, a laminated windscreen, an adjustable steering column, a heater, a detachable hard top and two tone paint were all available as options.
The original 3000 was built from March 1959 to March 1961 and has model designation BT7 Mark I (four seats) and BN7 Mark I (two seats). A total of 13.650 units were built (2.825 BN7 Mark I and 10.825 BT7 Mark I).
Buying an Austin Healey 3000 MKI?
A BT7 3000 with hardtop and overdrive tested by The Motor magazine in 1960 had a top speed of 185 km/h and could accelerate from 0 to 97 km/h in 11.7 seconds. A fuel consumption of 21.6 miles per imperial gallon was recorded. The test car cost £1326 including taxes.
E & R Classics, your Austin Healey Classic Car specialist!
What are the advantages of buying a Austin Healey 3000 MK I car at ER Classics?
- A great assortment of classic cars for sale
- All cars are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- MOT, welding and interior proceedings for your Austin Healey 3000 MK I car
- Our specialised oldtimer mechanics can take care of all proceedings
- We can take care of repairs, maintenance as well as customised needs
- Complete restauration of your Austin Healey 3000 MK I car
- We can deliver your classic car to any European country