At the motor show of Geneva in 1946, Renault unveiled the 4CV. The car functions as the successor of the Renault Juvaquatre. With a 750cc engine, the car reaches a top speed of 95 km/h with 22 hp.
The economy of France was in a slump, when the 4CV was unveiled. This made sure that the sales of the car were a bit lacking in the first period. In 1949 however, 37000 cars were sold. The 4CV was manufactured until 1961.
Buying a Renault 4CV?
The sedan is quite small, but still has four doors. The 4CV became one of the most popular cars after the war. Besides that, the Renault 4CV became a symbol of the French industrial revival. The successor of the 4CV became the Renault Dauphine.
E & R Classics, your Renault Classic Car specialist!
What are the advantages of buying a Renault 4CV car at ER Classics?
- A great assortment of classic cars for sale
- All cars are carefully checked by the mechanics in our own workshop
- MOT, welding and interior proceedings for your Renault 4CV car
- Our specialised oldtimer mechanics can take care of all proceedings
- We can take care of repairs, maintenance as well as customised needs
- Complete restauration of your Renault 4CV car
- We can deliver your classic car to any European country